Dewey Lake

Dewey Lake
morning mist

Saturday, February 9, 2013

FOOD FRENZY

I was invited this past week to a food show in Saline, Michigan, which was held in a most magnificant building. For me, the beauty of the building almost overshadowed the food show. It was the Stone Arch Arts and Events building.
This show was all Michigan-made products and some vendors came quite a distance -Kalamazoo, Alpena, Adrian, Michigan. The products ranged from beef and pork, poultry and eggs, to barbecue sauce, salsa, herb teas, and pie. 2 products that caught my interest was Hickory sirup-ever heard of it?-made from Hickory tree bark and sweetened with sugar beet sugar, and very tasty dbrereton@comcast.net; and an Artisan Bread Mix which comes from Tecumseh,Michigan, right here in Lenawee county.www.easyartisanbread.com. I have a package of Old World Rye Bread Mix  and a Whole Wheat mix to which I am going to add cinnamon, raisins and a little sugar. The vendor had samples at the show and that was very good, as was the pizza flavor.
Another vendor was Mrs. Glee's Foods www.mrsgleesfoods.com , which was Gluten free foods. He had pastas, flours, and many mixes-cookie, crackers, pizza, just to name a few.
As you can tell, I was impressed, and it was well worth our time. That was the day of one of several Michigan snowstorms to hit us lately, but I'm glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment